Bedworth is situated about five miles north of the centre of Coventry and three miles south of Nuneaton, it has an excellent link to the M6 and also has the Coventry canal running through the town. The development of Bedworth into an industrial town started during the 18th and 19th century following the arrival of coal mining and the overspill of the ribbon weaving and textile industries from Coventry Until quite recently Bedworth was primarily a coal mining town, the last colliery was closed in 1994.
The most historically imposing building still in evidence in Bedworth is the Nicholas Chamberlaine's Almshouses in All Saint's Square in the town centre. The setting is still used for 'Founder's day' by some of the local schools.
George Eliot (Mary Anne Evans) lived in Bedworth between 1819 and 1841. Griff House, where she lived during that period still stands.
- All Saints Church Bedworth
- 1st Bedworth Scout Group (mixed boys and girls)
- Bedworth Civic Hall
- Bedworth Arts Centre
- Bedworth United Football Club
- Local Bedworth services and information
- Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council
- Warwickshire County Council
- 1st Bedworth Girls' Brigade, Bedworth Baptist ChurchCaptain: Lisa Usher email:firstname.lastname@example.org