If you have any concerns about the welfare of a child, no matter how small, please report it to one of our Designated Safeguarding Leads:
DESIGNATED SAFEGUARDING LEADS:
- Mr C. Errington (Executive Head teacher)
- Mrs K. O'Grady (Head of School)
- Mrs S. Byrne (Reception class teacher)
- Mrs M. Wilson (Year 2 class teacher)
- Mrs A. Greenway (Inclusion Co-ordinator)
Protective Behaviours Curriculum
We use the Warwickshire recommended 'Taking Care' resources to teach children about how to keep themselves safe from abuse and harm. We use this program once a year with all children from Nursery up to Year 6.
There are two themes in Protective Behaviours:
- We all have the right to feel safe all the time
- We can talk with someone about anything, even it it feels awful or small
You will find a guide to the program for parents and carers here:
We teach children how to stay safe online through our Computing curriculum, where there are specific unit of work which focus on developing children's digital literacy.
Online safety is also a key part of the schools overall 'safeguarding' agenda, so we build this into assemblies, PSHCE lessons as well as picking up relevant issues as they arise on a day to day basis.
Think U Know information for parents: https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/
NSPCC online safety advice: https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/online-safety/